I would like to share information and clarification from Public Health Madison & Dane County as it relates to Emergency Order #10, which is currently in effect through December 16, 2020.
Bottom Line on Pool Use (November 18 - December 16)
- Lap Swim, Water Walking, and Open Swim will be available at this time;
- Water exercise classes are considered a mass gathering and will not be available during the order (see note below);
- All current safety protocols will remain in place (see below for details);
- You must sign up to reserve a time prior to your swim;
- Swim sign up times are now available - we have opened up more swims for the rest of this week;
- If you already have a reservation in a lap swim or open swim, your reservation will be honored.
- We will open up registration for the next two weeks on Friday, November 20th at 10am.
A Note on Water Exercise Classes
Please note that water Exercise classes are considered mass gatherings and will be suspended during Emergency Order #10. We know that this is disappointing to those who are frequent patrons of these classes and we are disappointed too. We encourage you to take this opportunity to sign up for lap swim, water walking, and/or open swim in the interim until we can offer Water Exercise again, following this order.
Thank you for your patience during this time. We are striving to give you the safest experience we can within the parameters of Order #10. We look forward to seeing you at the pool soon.
Pool Safety Protocols
Before Coming to the Pool
- All swimmers must reserve a time to swim before coming to the pool. You may reserve your day and time using this link. If you need assistance with reserving online, please call the front desk at 835-8617.
Arriving at the Pool & Preparing to Swim
- There will be one entrance and one exit door for the pool. The entrance will be our handicap door on the Northwest side of the building. The exit will be our Northeast door of the building.
- All swimmers must wear a mask when entering and exiting the building. The aquatic staff will also be wearing a mask.
- Locker rooms will open 5 min before a swim. No lockers will be able to be used at this time.
- Everyone must take a shower before entering the pool. (This is not a new procedure)
- All swimmers must maintain social distance (at least 6 feet) from one another.
During Your Swim
- All swimmers must maintain social distance (at least 6 feet) from one another at all times.
- We will have a staff member on deck to help you with social distancing and cleaning touch surfaces during the swim.
- During Lap Swim there will only be one person per lane and two people in the well.
- During Open/Family Swim we will have a capacity of 25 people
- There will not be any shared equipment (ie. kickboards, pull buoys, barbells, etc) You must bring your own equipment.
- The hot tub will be available for people that have reserved space in the pool. There will be a 2 person limit and 15 min max in the hot tub.
- When a swim is over, you will have 10 minutes in the locker room before the locker room will be closed for cleaning. It is very important that you abide by the 10 min rule to make sure there is enough time for cleaning between swims.