Curbside Pick-Up / Drop-Off Event: June 9 & June 11
We have scheduled this opportunity for you to retrieve personal items from schools and return school property to buildings will be June 9 and June 11. All plans and procedures have been carefully designed in accordance with guidance from public health officials. Please review the plans prior to coming to the pick-up/drop-off event and follow the instructions to help us make the event as safe and efficient as possible. You may view the details of these plans for your child's grade level:
Access to Daily Distance Learning Activities
OSD Distance Learning Approach
Governor Evers’ March 17 order mandates that all schools “shall remain closed for the duration of the public health emergency or until a subsequent order lifts this specific restriction.” We will continue to provide and improve our distance learning program until the public health emergency ends.
The OSD staff is here to support students in distance learning and we will all be patient as we ease into this process together. Here are a few key points about our distance learning approach:
- The first week (March 31 - April 2) will be a “test run” with the purpose of getting comfortable with the process.
- There is one main location to find assignments for all grades, which will be updated by 8:15 AM each day.
- Daily activities / assignments can be done at whatever time works with your family’s schedule.
- We are all in this together and OSD staff are here to support you. If there is something you find confusing or don’t understand, please contact your child’s teacher or building administrator.
Distance Learning Goals
We want students to continue learning during the school closure even though they are not physically in school. We know it is not possible to replicate the physical school experience, and are not trying to. The goals for distance learning are to:
- Help students continue to learn and grow academically;
- Maintain positive relationships that facilitate learning; and
- Support families as they help students learn in a new way.
1. Check for tips on our Technology Support document.
2. Contact the OSD Technology Help Desk at helpdesk@OregonSD.org or by 608-835-4025.
We are receiving a high volume of calls and ask for your patience as we work through the questions.
If you have any questions about instruction, please contact:
- Your child’s teacher
- Your child’s principal
- Instructional Services