School Resource Officer (SRO)
The Oregon School District partners with the Village of Oregon to provide a School Resource Officer to serve our schools. Our SRO can be reached at 608-835-4445. If you have questions or feedback about the SRO program, please email questions@OregonSD.org and it will be reviewed by the OSD Superintendent.
Goals of our SRO Program
The SRO Program's goals are:
- Providing safe learning environments in our schools;
- Providing valuable resources to school staff members;
- Fostering positive relationships with youth;
- Developing strategies to resolve problems affecting youth; and
- Protecting all students so that they can reach their fullest potential.
The SRO has three main roles:
- Educator - as an educator, the SRO may work with students to positively influence student behavior and to mitigate more serious behaviors.
- Informal Counselor/Mentor - the SRO may address school violations in an effort to positively impact student behavior and character and may refer students to school personnel as necessary.
- Law Enforcement Officer - the SRO may engage in law enforcement activities in accordance with federal, state and local laws.