OHS Course Selection & Registration
- Watch the OHS Pre-Registration Video.
- Use OHS Academic & Career Planning Guide to review graduation requirements, view career clusters, and select appropriate courses.
- View Department Videos to get additional information about courses in each department.
- Complete course selection card and enter course requests into Career Cruising by 1/23/19.
- Schedule an appointment with your School Counselor before 1/23/19 if you have questions about course selection or to discuss online courses.
Jan 3: Grades 9 -11 receive course selection materials in Advisory
Jan 23: ALL course selection cards due to English teachers and entered into Career Cruising
Jan 28: 8th Grade Orientation Night (students & families)
Jan 31: Grade 8 receives course selection materials
Feb 8: Grade 8 schedule course cards due to Connections teacher
Feb 14: Grade 8 enters course requests entered into Career Cruising
- We rely heavily on accurate and sincere course selection choices made by students to build a master schedule and assign educators.
- Scheduling is a complex process; budgets, staffing, and resource needs are based on requests received by students.
- It is critical that students select appropriate classes of interest, including alternate classes. Courses that do not have enough interest may not be offered. There may also be times when we have significant interest, yet cannot accommodate all requests due to building or staffing constraints.