2018-2019 4K Enrollment
Children who are 4 years old as of September 1, 2018 are invited to enroll in our Early Learning/4K Program. Our Four Year Old Kindergarten (4K) is a half-day program that runs 3 hours per day from Monday - Thursday and the second Friday of each month. Transportation is available for morning sections.
Enrollment Process (Oregon Residents):
- Attend an Orientation Meeting (1/30 or 2/1) - view presentation HERE
- Visit 4K sites during Open House times and determine if your child requires wrap-around care (child care before or after 4K)
- Children enrolled in childcare at a 4K site will receive preferential placement for that site
- If your child is in need of wrap-around care, your first step should be enrolling in childcare
- Childcare enrollment must be done through individual centers; a deposit will be required at the time of enrollment
- Complete 4K Enrollment Packet (available at Orientation Meetings or at OSD starting 2/5)
- Submit the following documents to the OSD office (123 E. Grove St., Oregon) beginning 3/6/2018:
- 4K Enrollment Packet
- Proof of Name/Age (birth certificate, current passport, immunization records)
- Proof of Residency (valid driver's license, current utility bill, lease agreement/mortgage)
Note: Please complete the OSD Census Form if you are new to the Village of Oregon, this is your first child attending school, or if you have younger children at home.
Enrollment Process (Non-Residents): If you are interested in Open Enrollment, please find more information HERE.
Jan 30: 4K Orientation Meeting
6:00-7:30 PM, Brooklyn Elementary Cafeteria
Feb 1: 4K Orientation Meeting
6:00-7:30 PM, Prairie View Little Theater
Feb 5: 4K Enrollment Packet available at OSD Office
Feb 5: 4K Enrollment Packets sent to those who requested mailed version (contact Katie Heitz to request)
Mar 6: Enrollment Packet & materials accepted at OSD Office
Week of May 14: Placement letters mailed
Site Placement Criteria
Placement is based on a variety of factors, including:
- Wrap-around care enrollment
- Prior enrollment of sibling(s)
- Transportation needs
- Home residence
- Time preferences
- Location preferences
- Space availability
- Date/time stamp of returned enrollment packet
Important Placement Notes:
Our priority is to place students in environments most conducive to meeting their needs. Although we work to honor as many preferences for time/location as possible, we cannot guarantee that all preferences will be granted.
While enrollment packets are time/date stamped upon return, this is just one of many factors that may impact placement. Earlier returns do not guarantee that preferences will be granted. The first day packets will be accepted and stamped is March 6, 2018.