About Early Learning/4K
Our Early Learning/4K Program is dedicated to the continual enrichment of our youngest learners. Our 4K is a half-day program that runs 3 hours per day, Monday-Thursday and one Friday each month.
The following goals and strategies reflect our vision and commitment.
Whole Child Emphasis
- Our teachers develop engaging lessons and classrooms that support creativity, curiosity, critical thinking and relationship building. We create nurturing environments to build strong foundational skills.
- Students practice strategies to encourage growth in all areas of development.
- All students have access to high quality preschool programming through our community partners. Our program has full inclusion, ensuring a nurturing environment for ALL children to learn and grow.
- All staff will participate in District equity training through our professional development.
- Family partnerships are continuously developed and nurtured through our extensive outreach programming.
Relevant and Empowering Learning Experiences
- Our program is driven to produce rich, engaging experiences to foster confidence in learning.
- We provide students with creative environments that encourage multisensory learning, critical thinking and exploration.
- Our community sites create purposeful play experiences to develop strong relationships and a better understanding of the world they live in.
Caring and Professional Educators
- All staff attend monthly District professional development opportunities.
- Staff continually collaborate to improve professional growth through co-planning and collaborative classroom visits.
- Our District works closely with all community partners to create healthy, engaging and high quality preschool experiences.
Strong Family and Community Relationships
- Our community sites all create multiple opportunities for family involvement. Our program offers more than 100 outreach hours, outside of classroom programming.
- Our program believes family and community partnerships are at the core of our success. We work to build strong relationships within our supportive community.