Wellness is an essential part of being back together and is a top priority in educating and serving the whole child. We understand that there are mental, social & emotional and physical components to whole child wellness.
The ongoing pandemic has posed challenges to all of us. Our teachers, staff and student services team will continue working together to prioritize building relationships and caring for the mental and social & emotional wellness of our students. Highlights include:
- Continuing to expand Student Services team to support needs of our students.
- Prioritizing relationship building and creating a culture of belonging and inclusion.
- Identifying student needs and measuring successes using the Panorama survey tool.
- Continuing to update calming spaces available to students at each building.
- Panther Pledge daily home health screening checklist;
- Personal hygiene practices (handwashing, sanitizing, covering coughs/sneezes);
- Physical distancing to the extent possible;
- Cleaning & sanitizing procedures;
- Contact tracing & COVID testing procedures;
Effective March 1, 2022, masks will no longer be required in OSD K-12 schools or on school transportation. Any individual who wishes to continue wearing a mask is free to do so..