Below are some key preventive measures from the CDC that can be useful in avoiding the spread of this and other illnesses:
- Stay home when you are sick;
- Keep children who are feeling sick or have a fever home (students must be fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication before returning);
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze; and
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Our School Nurses have shared videos designed to reinforce proper handwashing techniques with children. Links to these videos are below if you would like to reinforce this at home.
We all have the responsibility to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Students attending in-person school or school events must complete this checklist each day before coming to school. Students who are feeling ill should not come to school.