Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)  FMLA Employee Poster

    We are happy to answer any questions you have about requesting Family Medical Leave. Please feel free to contact Jina Jonen about FMLA.  You can also review Wisconsin law at DWD FMLA Information and/or federal law at DOL FMLA Information.

    To request Family Medical Leave, you should do the following:

    1. Send an FMLA request form to Jina Jonen. FMLA Request Form

    2. Have your medical professional complete the medical certification form. They can email to Jina Jonen or fax to her attention at (608) 835-4044.

       Health Condition Own  Health Condition Family Member

    3. Review Your Rights and Responsibilities. FMLA Rights and Responsibilities

    4. HR will respond to your request: Response to FMLA Request

    5. Enter your leave in AESOP and prepare lessons plans if needed. 

    6. If the leave is for your own condition, have your medical professional send a written notice that you are able to return to work before you return. 

    If you feel your FMLA rights have been violated, please contact Jina Jonen to try to resolve the issue, or you can file a complaint under state law here  WI FMLA Complaint or under federal law here: Federal FMLA Complaint Information

    Funeral Leave

    You have up to 5 days of emergency leave for bereavement that is deducted from your sick leave.

    Jury Duty

    If you are summoned for jury duty, you can take professional leave to attend. You should inform your immediate supervisor and enter your absence in AESOP, select professional leave, and put jury duty in the notes. If you do not end up being summoned, you should cancel your leave. 


    Sick Leave Bank

    If you have a catastrophic illness or accident, and have exhausted all your paid leave, you can request sick leave from the sick leave bank. See the Employee Handbook for details. Please fill out this form and send to Lisa Christensen. Sick Leave Bank Request Form


    Personal / Sick Leave

    All other leaves such as sick leave, personal leave and holidays are detailed in the Employee Handbook that is found on the Human Resources home page.