Kindergarten Enrollment: January 3 - January 31, 2019
Kindergarten enrollment for the 2019-20 school year will take place from January 3 through January 31, 2019. Children are eligible to enroll if their fifth birthday is on or before September 1, 2019. If you are planning for your child to attend kindergarten in the Oregon School District, please enroll your child during this time.
The Oregon School District offers full-day kindergarten in each of our three elementary schools. Two elementary schools are located in the Village of Oregon (Netherwood Knoll Elementary and Prairie View Elementary), and one is located in the Village of Brooklyn (Brooklyn Elementary).
Our district has dynamic elementary school attendance areas to balance class sizes and make sure that students are divided equitably across schools. In general, children who live north of South Perry Parkway in the Village of Oregon attend either Netherwood Knoll or Prairie View Elementary, and children who live south of South Perry Parkway or in the Village of Brooklyn attend Brooklyn Elementary School. This dynamic attendance area approach allows us to consider the following in determining a student’s school placement:
- Child’s home address
- Sibling(s) current elementary school attendance
- School and class sizes
- School preference requests
If you have questions about the enrollment process, please contact Jennifer Hansen: jrhansen@OregonSD.org, 835-4033.
Required Enrollment Materials
- If you are enrolling online, all required forms will be contained within the Online Registration system
- If you will be filling out paper forms, all required forms are in the Kindergarten Enrollment Packet
- In addition, children NOT currently attending 4K in the Oregon School District must provide proof of residency and child's birthdate:
- Proof of residency examples: current utility bill, valid driver's license, lease/mortgage agreement
- Proof of birthdate examples: birth certificate, current passport, immunization records, state issued ID/driver's license
- For information on how to request a birth certificate, please visit the go to WI Department of Health Services, (608) 266-1371.
How to Enroll
There are three ways to enroll your child in kindergarten:
- Online (starting January 3)
- Click here if you have an existing Campus Portal account (after signing in, select the Online Registration link on the left-hand side)
- Click here if you do not have a Campus Portal account
- Complete the Kindergarten Enrollment Packet (below)
- Send materials to Oregon School District Office, Attn: Registrar (123 E. Grove St., Oregon, WI 53575)
- In Person
- Printed enrollment packets are available at the Oregon School District Office (123 E. Grove St., Oregon, WI 53575)
- Office hours are 7:30am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday
NOTE: Children NOT currently attending 4K in the Oregon School District must provide proof of child's birth and residency (details in enrollment packets). This is not required for children currently attending 4K in the Oregon School District.
- Online (starting January 3)
Families submit enrollment materials
Kindergarten Info Session, 6:00 PM
Oregon High School Performing Arts Ctr
School placement emailed to families
Students receive teacher assignments
2019-2020 Kindergarten Enrollment Packet
You may download and print this packet if you choose to enroll your child using paper forms. Printed packets are also available at the District Office, 123 E. Grove St., Oregon, 7:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday. If you enroll using the Online Registration system you do not need to fill out any paper forms.