Registration and Enrollment FAQs

  • Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Household and Guardianship, New Student Enrollment and Registration, and Returning Student Enrollment and Registration in the Oregon School District.

  • New Student Enrollment and Registration

  • What documentation is requested to register a new resident student?

    Posted by:

    It is requested that you provide the following documents:

    • Proof of Residency (one of the following):
      • Lease Agreement or Mortgage with current address, effective date and all parties’ signatures
      • Current Utility Bill
        Examples include: electric/gas, or city/village water with name and current address
      • Valid Driver's License

    If you are unable to provide any of the above-mentioned documents, please call 608-835-4091.

    • Proof of Age/Name (one of the following):
      • Birth Certificate
      • Current Passport
      • Immunization Records
      • State Issued ID or Driver's License
    • Documentation from Previous School
      • Copy of Official/Unofficial Transcript (middle school and high school only)
      • Section 504 Evaluations, Plans and related reports
      • Individual Education Plan (IEP), Evaluations and related reports
      • English Language Learner (ELL) or English as a Second Language (ESL) student documentation
    Comments (-1)
  • What will happen if I don’t have all the required documentation when I go online to register?

    Posted by:

    You will be allowed to complete the registration process, but your enrollment will be placed on hold until you are able to bring in or email in the documentation. If you do not have all the required documentation, please call the District Office at 608-835-4091 to further discuss your situation.

    Comments (-1)
  • If I am not available, who can register/enroll my student?

    Posted by:

    Only a parent and/or legal guardians with “rights to records” and/or “educational guardian” can register/enroll students.

    Comments (-1)
  • Where do I register?

    Posted by:

    You can enroll online at:

    If you do not have access to the internet, please contact us at the Oregon School District Office to create an appointment to go through the online process together.  The office is located at:

    District Office
    123 E Grove Street

    Oregon, Wi 53575
    Phone: (608) 835-4033

    Non-English speaking families: Please contact our office to schedule an appointment to ensure a translator is available if needed.

    Comments (-1)
  • How long will the New Student Enrollment process take?

    Posted by:

    If you are registering for the first time in the district, plan to spend approximatley 25 minutes online. If you have more than one child, the total time spent will vary. If you require help enrolling online, we recommend calling ahead to schedule an appointment time so that the registration process goes as smoothly as possible.

    Comments (-1)
  • Returning Student Enrollment and Registration

  • Household and Guardianship

  • How do I enroll if I do not have a permanent address?

    Posted by:

    Your address should be the address where you physically reside, even if it is in a car, shelter, etc. This address will be used to determine your home attendance area school. Depending on your circumstances, you may be asked to complete the McKinney Vento Eligibility Form during the registration process.

    Comments (-1)
  • The student is living with me and I am not their Parent/Guardian.

    Posted by:

    If the student is residing with you for reasons other than for the sole purpose of education in the Oregon School District, both you and the parent/legal guardian will be asked to complete and sign the AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE RECORDS AND EXCHANGE INFORMATION in our office. You will need to provide notarized documentation stating that you have educational guardianship of the student, Proof of Residency and Proof of Age/Name of student.

    Comments (-1)
  • What if I am anticipating a move to the Oregon School District?

    Posted by:

    Current nonresident families that seek to enroll a student in advance of their move into the Oregon School District shall provide the following to the District Office before the student will be allowed to start stchool:  Building permit, mortgage contract or rental lease with specific dates of their anticipated move into the Oregon School District.

    If a parent/guardian cannot show proof of their intent to move into the Oregon School District during the semester, the student will need to enroll for that semester in the district where the parent/guardian now resides.

    All residency circumstances are subject to review. Each case will be determined by the school district whether the student lives within the district for a purpose other than school attendance.  If a student claiming to be a resident is found not to be a resident, that student shall be immediately withdrawn from school.

    Comments (-1)