Welcoming a New Child!
Congratuations! You are welcoming a new child into your home! As you've already noticed, there are many things to organize and plan. We are here to support you during this busy and exciting time. Below is the list of items you'll want to do to prepare from a work perspective for your child's arrival.
Before the Child Arrives
Once you know you will require a leave, contact your immediate supervisor so he/she can begin making plans to cover workload while you are away. In addition, please follow the steps below to officially begin preparations for your leave:
- Request a medical leave by completing the FMLA Request Form and sending to Jina Jonen.
- Schedule a meeting with Jina Jonen to discuss your leave options
- Add potential dates for your leave in AESOP
- If you will have a substitute, prepare lesson plans
After Your Child Arrives:
Notify your immediate supervisor as soon as you know the date you will be on leave.
If you want to change your benefits, you should note the following:
- You have 30 days from the birth/adoption to add your baby to your health insurance
- You have 30 days from the birth/adoption to add your baby to your dental insurance
- You have 30 days from the birth to file a short term disability claim if you elected that insurance
- You may want to update your life insurance (change beneficiaries, add dependent coverage and/or increase coverage amounts)
Be sure to send us pictures! We are so happy for you and your family.