The Oregon Pool will be opening on July 10th. We are very excited to see all of you again!
The health and safety of our pool patrons and staff is of the utmost importance of the Aquatics Team. As such, I wanted to communicate the procedures we will have in place designed to create a safe environment. Reviewing these procedures ahead of time will help to make your visit as easy as possible.
Before Coming to the Pool
- All swimmers must reserve a time to swim before coming to the pool. You may reserve your day and time using this link. If you need assistance with reserving online, please call the front desk at 835-8617.
- NOTE: We have scheduled swim times for a week and a half to test our processes and procedures. During the week we will be evaluating procedures and following Dane County updates on operating pools in the area. We will continue to add swimming times in 1.5 week increments until further notice.
Arriving at the Pool & Preparing to Swim
- There will be one entrance and one exit door for the pool. The entrance will now be our handicap door on the Northwest side of the building. The exit will be our Northeast door of the building.
- All swimmers must wear a mask when entering and exiting the building. The aquatic staff will also be wearing a mask. (Instructors for water exercise will not wear a mask during teaching but will stay on the deck during instruction and will wear a mask before and after instruction)
- Locker rooms will open 5 min before a swim. There will only be tall lockers available and no rental lockers at this time. Locker rentals will be refunded to your account.
- Everyone must take a shower before entering the pool. (This is not a new procedure)
- All swimmers must maintain social distance (at least 6 feet) from one another.
During Your Swim
- All swimmers must maintain social distance (at least 6 feet) from one another at all times.
- We will have a staff member on deck to help you with social distancing and cleaning touch surfaces during the swim.
- During Lap Swim there will only be one person per lane and two people in the well.
- During Open/Family Swim we will have a capacity of 40 people
- During Water Exercise there will be a capacity of 25 people
- There will not be any shared equipment (ie. kickboards, pull buoys, barbells, etc) You must bring your own equipment.
- The hot tub will be available for people that have reserved space in the pool. There will be a 2 person limit and 15 min max in the hot tub.
- When a swim is over, you will have 10 minutes in the locker room before the locker room will be closed for cleaning. It is very important that you abide by the 10 min rule to make sure there is enough time for cleaning between swims.
We thank you in advance for helping us create a safe and efficient process for opening the pool and look forward to seeing you soon!